Have you been meaning to learn more about metadata or did you miss our metadata webinar in December? If so, you’ll enjoy a re-run of our ‘Beginner’s Guide to Metadata’ webinar on Thursday 2nd March. It’s a refreshingly down-to-earth overview of all things metadata.
What’s included in the 45-minute metadata webinar?
Join us to explore:
- Benefits and challenges
- Common formats, e.g XML
- What a standard metadata file actually looks like and why
- Schemas, standards and profiles
- ISO standards and UK Gemini
- What to do about INSPIRE (it’s still a legal requirement!)
- Linked data
- How to tackle metadata for non-geospatial datasets
- How to bend metadata to your use cases
- What Q-FAIR is and how it applies to metadata
- How to tackle a metadata improvement project
About your host:
This ‘learn while you lunch’ webinar will be hosted by metadata expert and Data Discoverability Lead, Jo Cook. When she’s not publicly flying the flag for metadata, you can find Jo helping organisations like the Scottish Government, EA and DEFRA identify, improve and share tens of thousands of datasets.
Save your place:
This event has now closed. However, you can watch the video on YouTube.